Dr. Goodkind offers a variety of lifts, nips and tucks for almost every area of your body. However, some people may just want to lift everything at once after they have experienced significant weight loss. Dr. Goodkind can perform a trunk lift that will reshape and contour your new figure for a much more flattering shape.
WHAT IS A TRUNK LIFT?
Significant weight loss, skin enveloping the entire torso relaxes. This results in laxity and droopiness not only of the abdomen but of the outer thighs, legs and buttocks. Reconstruction, by trunk lift, entails removing an entire “donut” of skin around the torso and lifting up and securing the lower body tissue as if you were “pulling up your pants.” The result is an incredible recontouring of abdomen, legs and buttocks.
WHAT IT IS RECOMMENDED FOR:
- Eliminating hanging skin around the tummy, legs, backs and buttocks.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A procedure under general anesthesia is required.
- There is some post-operative discomfort similar to the abdominoplasty.
- The results are immediate and dramatic, They will continue to improve over the next few months.
- Scarring is from the lower abdomen around to just above the buttocks.
- You can resume normal activities within 3 weeks.