Are you one of those people who just can’t seem to stay dry? You’re not alone. Excessive sweating is more common than you think. Sweating is a necessary evil to help cool our bodies down. But if you sweat all the time regardless of the temperature outside—you may want to consider our BOTOX treatment to help you.
WHAT IS EXCESSIVE SWEATING?
Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) is a condition that appears primarily in the underarms. It’s when the amount of sweating is not appropriate for the circumstances. The most common type is primary focal hyperhidrosis. Although it is a medical condition, it is not a sign of any disease—experts believe it may stem from a malfunction in the nervous system.
WHAT IS IT RECOMMENDED FOR?
- Patients who suffer from primary focal hyperhidrosis, excessive sweating from the underarms (and may also occur on hands, feet and face).
- BOTOX is used in the underarms to prevent excessive sweating.
- Patients who currently use prescription strength deoderant.
- Patients who are tired of excessive sweating interfering with their normal daily activities.
- Keep in mind—BOTOX treatment for excessive sweating is not right for everyone. Patients are required to be assessed by our experts to determine they are medically appropriate for this BOTOX treatment.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- The treatment is virtually painless—you may experience tiny pin pricks as BOTOX is strategically injected into the sweat glands.
- The BOTOX works to temporarily immobilize the nerves that stimulate sweat glands.
- The procedure takes approximately 15 minutes.
- Patients can expect to see improvement within 3-4 days. Results last from 6 – 12 months (results vary by individual).
- Sweat doesn’t go anywhere or get backed up—the sweat simply is not produced in the areas treated with BOTOX.
We are proud to be one of the 6% of customers nationally that are a Platinum member of Allergan.