Everyone wants to look—and feel young. Unfortunately for some women and men, our eyes can give us away. An expression hidden by heavier, sagging skin around the eyes can take its toll, and the eyes are the first part of your face that begin to age, starting around your mid-40s. “Tired eyes” can make your usual youthful spark appear tired, sad or even angry. Many people often complain of droopy upper lids when low eyebrows are really the offender. Removing excessive upper lid skin will not result in a pleasing outcome when low brows are the cause of the tired, aged look.
WHAT IS A BROW LIFT?
Brow lifts can elevate the sagging brow, eliminate the hooding of the outer upper lid, resulting in a more rested and rejuvenated appearance. The modern day brow lift focuses on a gentle arch upward where the outer brow is higher than the inner.
WHAT IT IS RECOMMENDED FOR:
- Eliminate excessive sagging of your outer eyes resulting in an aged, tired look.
- Raise your eyebrows to give you a rested, youthful and awake look.
- There is a gentle relaxation of wrinkles, however some of our non-surgical procedures including BOTOX, injectable fillers and chemical peels may be recommended to enhance your surgical result.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Brow lifts are done as an outpatient procedure with local or general anesthesia.
- While pain is minimal, your eyes may be most noticeably swollen within the first 24 hours.
- Incisions are made behind the hairline and are barely detectible once they heal.
- You will be able to shower and comb your hair as normal.
- You’ll feel comfortable to return to work within approximately 10-14 days.