Larger, smaller, crooked, a little bump…each nose is different in its own beautiful way. Its shape and size can affect the entire proportion and look of your face. Surgical maneuvers can change the profile, width, tip, nostrils and overall size of your nose to bring your nose into proportion, complimenting your eyes, cheeks, and lips.
WHAT IS RHINOPLASTY?
Rhinoplasty allows Dr. Goodkind to reshape the size and proportion of your nose. During the consultation he will work with you to understand what you would like to change and why. He can then suggest the best options for tailoring the underlying structure so that your nose complements the rest of your facial features.
WHAT IT IS RECOMMENDED FOR:
- Smooth a bump on the bridge of the nose.
- Alter the profile of the nose.
- Sculpt the tip of the nose.
- Adjust the shape and size of nostrils.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Rhinoplasty is performed under local or general anesthesia.
- After surgery your nose will be splinted for approximately one week to support it during the healing process.
- The initial swelling around your nose and eyes will subside in a few weeks.
- You will see the majority of the reconstructive effort around 10 days after the procedure, however the final tip contour will take up to a year to be seen.