We’re all guilty of it. We’ve stayed in the sun a bit too long over the years and now our skin is paying the price. Brown spots, wrinkles, fine lines. We hear it all the time, “Make them go away.” We have two words for you: laser peel.
WHAT IS A LASER PEEL?
A laser peel treatment is a great tool for correcting the signs of aging skin usually associated with damage from too much sun exposure. It’s actually the second strongest in the arsenal of anti-aging laser treatments available making it one of the most effective ways to thwart and turn over dead skin cells.
WHAT IS IT RECOMMENDED FOR?
- Hyperpigmentation (brown sun spots)
- skin texture issues
- Enlarged pores
WHAT TO EXPECT? HOW TO PREPARE FOR A LASER PEEL?
- Don’t schedule a laser peel less than 7 – 10 days before an event or vacation to a sunny destination.
- You will need to stop using any acids—glycolic, salycitic retinol or anti-aging treatments for about 3-7 days before your laser peel.
- You can expect to see redness for 1-3 days.
- You may also experience some minor swelling.
- Your skin will feel “hot”, as the laser is burning your skin intentionally.
- Very few patients experience slight sloughing of the skin, but you are able to wear make-up immediately after your procedure.
- We recommend using FUZION anti-redness soothing balm to calm your skin.
- AND, it’s very important to protect your skin from future sun damage and always wear a medical grade sunscreen (FUZION carries several options).